Powis Parker makes some of the most innovative tape binding machines available and one of their best is the brand new Fastback 20. This is an extremely versatile device that can be used in a variety of different workplaces (offices, schools, print shops, etc.) and it’s packed with special features. It also happens to be compatible with environmentally friendly binding supplies, so you don’t need to feel guilty about binding your documents with it. Continue reading so you can check out the Fastback 20’s strengths (and weaknesses) and determine if it’s the right device for your binding needs.
The machine’s strengths:
- The Fastback 20 can be used to bind documents of varying sizes and thicknesses. Your document can contain from 10 to 350 pages and narrow, medium, and wide Fastback strips are compatible with this device. Also, the documents can be from 6″ to 12″ long, so it’s really easy to bind letter- and A4-sized work.
- This is definitely the Fastback machine to use when you’re in a hurry. The device only takes 3 minutes to warm up and it can bind a document in 20 seconds or less. This is almost four times faster than using a traditional punch-and-bind device.
- It’s possible to edit documents that have been bound with the Fastback 20. This way, you don’t need to totally do things over again if you need to make any changes to your work.
- The paper supplies used with this machine are environmentally friendly and recyclable so you can reduce your company’s carbon footprint.
- Using this machine is easy because it has a graphical user interface. If you’re new to binding, you’ll be a pro at it in no time. And if you’re already familiar with binding, you’ll be pleased to know that this machine is compatible with the FoilFast and Powis printers.
- The Fastback 20 is beautifully designed and it will look great in all kinds of workplaces. It comes with a one-year warranty.
And its few weaknesses:
- The Fastback 20 is extremely large with dimensions of 23.5″ (width) x 9″ (height) x 23″ (depth). You’ll need a fair amount of space for it, so it might not be the best choice for smaller work areas such as cubicles.
- Also, this machine is heavy and weighs in at 59 pounds. Be sure to exercise caution when moving it. (Better yet, pick a good spot for it and don’t move it unless you absolutely need to.)
The Fastback 20 is one of the best tape binding machines on the market and it’s definitely the star of Powis Parker’s already impressive lineup of document finishing devices. This machine is fast, versatile, and it works with environmentally friendly products. It’s also easy to use so anyone needing to bind a document can do so without any trouble. The only thing that could be problematic is this machine’s size. However, if you have enough space for it, you’re going to love it. Check out the Fastback 20 today!